I don’t know why, but I’m not keen on change. Any kind of change. My mother often says I balked about going to kindergarten. And I remember feeling bad when I aged out of single-digits–worse when I left my teens for my 20s!
So it probably won’t surprise you to hear I’m loathe to change seasons, too–even when that means leaving a ‘bad’ season (cold stark winter) for a lovely one, like spring. So spring into summer? Forgetaboutit!
Still, I have to admit, change has it’s virtues. It just takes me a while to appreciate them. So here’s to summer–and it’s happy upsides . . .
1. I get to see my kids more.
2. We go to the beach for a week.
3. No more getting up for school at 7 AM.
4. And no homework for kids to stress over.
5. Even better, no more school lunches for me to make. Yay!
6. I get to read books for fun–not just ‘good’ books.
7. Thunderstorms–I love ’em! They were one of the things I missed most when I lived in CA.
As for summer’s downside–well, you know–it’s hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot . . . .
Thanks for stopping by. Here’s a little poem to help you cool off and enjoy this wacky weather–
A Growing Boy
is a fiend,
on my plate,
I feed it
but all it
“one more bite.”
it’s not for me—